Tigers are the largest cats that evolve on earth. It is the National Animal of our Indian nation. Let us discuss some interesting facts about our National Animal.
- Tigers have over 100 stripes, which helps it to blend in with the grass. The stripes on its forehead look like a Chinese character that means “King”.
- No two tigers have the same stripe pattern.
- Tigers have a white spot behind their ears, that look like eyes when viewed from distance. It is believed that these are a form of intimidation against other animals. Scientists believe that the spots help their cub to follow their mother through shady forests. The spot is called “Ocelli”.
- The Tigers tongue is covered with sharp, small, thorn-like, hooked projection. The hook-projection called papillae to curve toward tigers tongue so coarse, that with just a few licks, a Tiger can take off the flesh.
- Though Tiger and Lion are alike in appearance, Tiger weighs 300 lb than Lions due to their muscular density.
- Tigers sometimes lure their prey by mimicking their prey’s call. Tigers cannot taste anything that is sweet.
I hope you like my article. Please encourage by sharing this in your social media.