Of course, buying a house is nothing less than an adventure! At times, you will feel like the planets and stars got to be aligned properly so that things work out. Well, the good news is there are certain tried and tested things that can help you when buying a house so that this challenging task becomes less daunting.
What not to do when buying a house?
- applying for a new credit card at this juncture is a bad idea. Your credit rating might be affected. So wait.
- This is not the right time to buy a new car. When you are looking to buy a house, postpone your car dream.
- Don’t spend on buying new furniture, appliances and stuff before owning a house.
- Don’t close your credit accounts like cancelling unused credit cards and so on. It will reflect on your credit score.
- Don’t stay behind on any kind of payments like rent and credit card payments.
- Without a paper trail, don’t move money. Lenders demand documentation of all your transactions for proof that you have enough money.
- Don’t spend your savings. You will need it for a number of causes.
- Avoid changing jobs at the time of buying a house. It could possibly delay your quest for home ownership.
Hope this helps. Good luck with your new home purchase!